The Discovery Circle is a group of siblings and close friends of The Center for Discovery’s extraordinary residents. The Circle is dedicated to raising awareness and support of The Center’s work with children and adults with disabilities, while helping to harvest new connections to its farms and inspired programs. Circle members support each other, The Center for Discovery, and their loved ones who call it home.
The Discovery Circle organizes or participates in volunteer activities throughout The Center and in New York City. These include:
- Receptions and social events that build a support system among members.
- Volunteer and service opportunities throughout The Center.
- Participation in annual Center events including The Evening of Discovery Gala, The Discovery Golf and Tennis Invitational, Graduation and The Harvest Festival, among others.
- Education programs and seminars concerning disabilities.
- Presentations from programs within The Center.
- Discussions with senior Center administration and staff.
- Special Events in New York City that attract interest and support for The Center and its programs.